RiffVault : A Hollywood Underground Production
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RiffVault : A Hollywood Underground Production

The official Music, Business and Entertainment forum of Hollywood Underground, featuring articles, tips and discussions on various forms of marketing, promotion, production & everything entertainment related. Open to all so get involved!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Gucci Kappe Replik
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am by cangliang

» Gucci Taschen[
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am by cangliang

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am by cangliang

» Hermes Kelly Handtaschen online zum Verkauf[
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 am by cangliang

» Hermes Shops Cheap
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 am by cangliang

» l]Hermes Lindy Bags
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 am by cangliang

» Hermes Handbags 2011
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 am by cangliang

» authentischen Hermes Lindy Taschen
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am by cangliang

» Hermes Wallet Online
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am by cangliang

Poll
How do you buy music?
iTunes
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_lcap100%Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Amazon.com
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_lcap0%Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Physical CD Store
Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_lcap0%Original bands at Cover band venues. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Download Software
 0% [ 0 ]
All of the above
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Original bands at Cover band venues.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
odark30music

odark30music

Original bands at Cover band venues. Empty
PostSubject: Original bands at Cover band venues.   Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 am

Getting your "originals" band booked at venues that generally book only "cover" bands. This can be challenging and may not suit bands that have a "concert style" show. Most of these venues are looking for dance oriented music and bands that have familiar tunes that folks feel safe to get up and ask someone to dance to. After 30+ years of playing covers, read $$, my band has decided to get real and play the 50 or more originals we have accumulated. Some venues know us and book us because of the built in following, but breaking into new venues takes a little more effort. One way is to open for the cover or tribute band that has already established a good relationship with the venue. Your music should compliment and not detract from the "headliner". See If your band can start earlier and play the dinner set if needed. Play to the room and keep the volume at a appropriate level. Be sure to "promo" the main act and the venue. First impressions are everything, so bring it! We have found success because the regulars at the new venues ask the club to bring us back more often than the Host Band. We end up as the headliner with cover bands opening for us. Most opening acts do not get paid the first time out, so "exposer" is still the name of the game. Your band must have the "it" factor for any real progress. Build your network one show at a time. Take lots of Pics and Vids to post on the Web. Create your fan club by staying as visible as possible, ie: Artwork/logo, hats/shirts stickers, radio and web casts. We have also landed gigs by doing charity work and picking the venue to do the event. Not only does your karma get better, but you will do good by others who can do good for you. O'Dark:30
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/odark30music
Hollywood Underground
Admin
Hollywood Underground

Original bands at Cover band venues. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Original bands at Cover band venues.   Original bands at Cover band venues. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Great post! Thanks for the information. Its great that you have so many people who request you back, that is definitely a testament to the quality of your live show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hollywoodunderground.com

Original bands at Cover band venues.
Page 1 of 1