RiffVault : A Hollywood Underground Production
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RiffVault : A Hollywood Underground Production

The official Music, Business and Entertainment forum of Hollywood Underground, featuring articles, tips and discussions on various forms of marketing, promotion, production & everything entertainment related. Open to all so get involved!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Gucci Kappe Replik
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am by cangliang

» Gucci Taschen[
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am by cangliang

» gucci neuen Handtaschen verkaufen
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am by cangliang

» Hermes Kelly Handtaschen online zum Verkauf[
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 am by cangliang

» Hermes Shops Cheap
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:17 am by cangliang

» l]Hermes Lindy Bags
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 am by cangliang

» Hermes Handbags 2011
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:19 am by cangliang

» authentischen Hermes Lindy Taschen
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am by cangliang

» Hermes Wallet Online
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 1:18 am by cangliang

Poll
How do you buy music?
iTunes
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_lcap100%Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Amazon.com
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_lcap0%Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Physical CD Store
Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_lcap0%Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Download Software
 0% [ 0 ]
All of the above
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children

Go down 
AuthorMessage
youxieshi

Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children Empty
PostSubject: Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children   Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 am

A video of a Texas judge punishing his daughter has led to investigations of the belt-wielding father and also launched a national conversation about discipline and spanking.

The graphic video of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams cheap jerseys hitting his then-16-year-old daughter for seven minutes as discipline for her use of an illegal computer file-sharing program has been viewed on YouTube more than 2.4 million times. Hillary Adams, now 23, posted the 2004 video.
Her father issued a statement saying she posted it after he threatened to end her financial support.
Local police and a state judicial panel are investigating, the Associated Press reported.
"This sort of voyeurism is an interesting situation, cheap soccer jerseys because the tape was surreptitiously made by the daughter," psychologist George Holden says. "People may find it fascinating too because spanking is part of our culture, but this is clearly an incident where it's gone way, way wrong."
Holden, of Southern Methodist University, says he is launching a new organization, the U.S. Alliance to End Hitting of Children.
"What that father did is pretty horrific and it's clearlycustom made jerseys not discipline," says Elizabeth Gershoff, an associate professor of human development and family sciences at the University of Texas-Austin. "If that judge had done that to any other person … he would have gone to jail."
She says the father wasn't teaching a lesson but releasing anger.
Assault laws vary by state and provide exemptions to mlb jerseys cheap parents administering corporal punishment.
"Many people would be surprised at how many teenagers are spanked and whipped. It's more frequent for younger children, but it's not by any means rare for teenagers," says David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire.
Sociologist Murray Straus, also at the New Hampshire campus, Rolato has been studying spanking since 1970 and says the outrage over the video may push more people in the "no-hitting direction."
Robert Larzelere, a professor of human development cheap jerseys and family science at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, supports what he terms "conditional spanking" — two swats with an open hand for children 2-6.
He has not seen the video but says the punishment "was clearly inappropriate on several counts: the age of the child, hitting with a belt, how long it lasted and what she was being punished for."
Finkelhor says digital media can protect kids: "I think thousands if not millions of parents are going to be put on notice that their brutal treatment of their kids could end them up in the public eye."
Back to top Go down

Beating video sparks talks on discipline of children
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RiffVault : A Hollywood Underground Production :: Music :: Classifieds-
Jump to: